Monday, November 29, 2010

Yay! Also, not yay.

I'm done! Woot!

Got me 50016 words in 29 days. Most of those are crap, and the story's not anywhere near done, but I still feel accomplished. Even if I basically just wrote a 50016 word outline for what will probably be two books, when I actually get through with it.

But, for the next few days, I'm going to put it aside and ignore it and then start the mammoth task of stripping it of it's awkward phrasing and filling in its plot holes. And then, I might just let people read it. >:D

Bit of a bollocks-y problem, though: Every time I try to get my story verified, so I can have WINNER! enscribed across the progress bar, it takes a moment to think and then tells me that I've only written 48517 words. I've most assuredly done 50016. I can do screencaps, if anyone really cares. The problem is, I can't get my goodies if the verification process isn't working, and if it doesn't start working by this time tomorrow, the past month of mental agony will have been for naught.

So I'm a little stressed. I don't understand why it's not working. It lets me update my word count just fine; it even tracks my stats without complaint. It's just not letting me verify and win.

I just don't get it.

No comments: